Mater Dei Radio is seeking a Full-Time Bookkeeper to manage our financial transactions and create financial reports from that information. The creation of these financial transactions includes posting information to accounting software from such source documents as cash receipts and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Record cash receipts.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Maintain the petty cash fund.
- Issue financial statements.
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements.
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain the annual budget.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Issue invoices to sponsors.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management.
- Perform a variety of other tasks as assigned.
- Adhere to Mater Dei Radio policies and procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Support the teachings of the Catholic Church; practicing Catholic preferred.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAPP).
- 2 – 5 years of bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge Nonprofit Fundraising software preferred.
- Highly organized, with focus and attention to detail.
- Calm demeanor, with ability to perform under high demands.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines.
- Ability to keep flexible hours on occasion.
- Willingness to travel on occasion. Valid driver’s license required.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience
How to Apply:
Send a letter of interest indicating why you want to work for a Catholic media organization and a resume highlighting your bookkeeping experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Mater Dei Radio is a 501(c)3 Rosary apostolate that proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Operating under our parent organization Catholic Broadcasting Northwest, we envision a region where there is a vibrant, expanding audience with a personal connection to Jesus Christ through Catholic media.
E-Book PDF: Open in New Window | Download